There are two parts to inventory management in Paragon. First, you will need to set up your warehouse location(s). Once this is done, you will be able to manage your inventory numbers by:
- manually moving and adjusting the stock
- receiving, picking, packing and shipping products
Setting up locations
In Paragon click on the more
button and then open the location
module. In this module, you will enter all the warehouse locations that your system needs.
To create a new location, hit the add new location button
A blank location screen will appear. Enter the information as needed.
- Warehouse: select the address of that warehouse location from the drop down list that will be displayed
- Location: the name of the location
- Location Type: this will indicate the purpose of this location - e.g. packing, shipping, receiving etc. - and will affect the modules that have access to its stock.
- Warehouses: select the warehouse for this location. It can be added under warehouses in the attribute module.
If you wish to add more details to your location like Warehouse Areas, Aisle, or Row, you will have to create the attribute in the attribute module and then associate it to the location module.
Once done, click the save button (the status of the new location will be inactive) then select activate from the action button:
Use transactions to move and adjust stock
The following transactions affect your product's inventory: receive, pick, pack and ship. In order to work properly, these modules require warehouse locations to be set up. The key is to indicate the location type for each location as it will determine which module can pull or add stock to that location.
Once the locations have been set up, issuing or completing a transaction will update the inventory numbers accordingly.
Moving stock manually
Moving inventory is used to transfer stock from one location to another. The locations must have the same addresses.
In Paragon hit on the more button and open the inventory module. Find the item you wish to move and click on the list-detail view button.
In the move tab:
- Click on the desired location from which to move the inventory.
- Select the warehouse location to which you wish to move the inventory.
- Enter the quantity to move.
- Click accept to validate.
The units will now appear in the new location and be deducted from the original.
Note that each movement is listed with its date for tracking purposes.
Adjusting stock manually
In Paragon, you can update your inventory number using adjustments. This feature allows you to increase or decrease your stock in a specific location as needed.
E.g. You forgot to count 3 units and wish to add them to your inventory. In the adjust tab, you will enter "3" to add 3 units to the current stock. On the other hand, if you've counted 3 extra units, you will enter "-3" to remove 3 units from the stock.
If you need to adjust your inventory to a specific number, you will have to enter the difference between this number and your current stock level. E.g. Paragon shows 10 units but in reality you only have 8: you need to remove 2 units. Therefore you will have to enter "-2."
In Paragon hit the more button and open the inventory module. Find the item you wish to adjust and click on the list-detail view button.
In the adjust tab:
- Hit the create new button on the bottom left-hand side of your screen.
- Select the warehouse location for which you wish to adjust the inventory.
- Enter the adjustment quantity, select a reason if applicable, and hit accept to validate your change.
The recalculated stock will now appear. Note that each adjustment is listed with its date for tracking purposes.
You've set up your locations and learned how to manage your inventory, congrats! Now you might want to explore some other inventory features in Paragon: